Here's one of the hardest temptations over the course of the past 6 weeks:
This weekend we were in Lubbock visiting Ryan's mom. Every time we are there we treat ourselves to a Krispy Kreme doughnut. Not just a cold one out of the box at breakfast. I mean, we go to the Krispy Kreme store, stand in line and devour a freshly glazed warm doughnut and then purchase a couple of dozen for the next morning's breakfast. Why would this trip be any different? Sure enough, Fri. night Carol suggested we go to Krispy Kreme for dessert (only this time I'm thinking....uh....you mean 'sinful dessert'....but I didn't say a word)! So off we go! I could have stayed home to avoid the temptation; but I didn't! I PRAYED heavily that God would give me control over this situation because I really didn't want to ruin my fasting 2 days away from Easter! What I saw at the Krispy Kreme factory brought tears to our eyes. The tears of everyone else in the family were sad tears. However, mine were HAPPY tears because I knew God had heard my cry for help!! I kid you not; on every door, window and drive thru sign were posted signs that said, "Doughnut Machine is Broken. No fresh doughnuts."
When I can figure out how to upload a pic from my cell phone I will post a picture to prove myself. I'm sure the workers at Krispy Kreme thought I was a nut taking a picture of their silly sign. But, I figured no one would believe my story, so I took a picture anyway!
All I can say is...God is so Good. Tomorrow is Easter, and it's supposed to rain. PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!
(And yes, I'm going to have a SMALL piece of cheesecake at my mom's house tomorrow.)
No comments:
Post a Comment