Friday, June 20, 2008

It's a ..................

silly, freakin', stupid, aggrevating, bothersome, annoying...................

WISDOM TOOTH!
I've yet to understand why God gave us certain body parts...like wisdom teeth and our appendix. I've already had to give up three of the wonderful wisdom teeth and my lovely appendix....so why should I think that I'd get to keep this final tooth.
Earlier this week, I felt something strange in the back of my mouth. Sure enough...it had made its arrival...partially. So, today, I finally got 'brave' (or bothered enough) to call and schedule an appointment to have this lovely thing checked out. Soonest they can see me is in 2 1/2 weeks. Whew...thank goodness...I have 2 1/2 weeks to prepare myself for this. I say this because when I was a senior in high school I was supposed to have all four extracted on the same day....first day of my spring break to be exact! Anyhow....well, me, being the dental freak that I am....couldn't handle it....Seriously....after they extracted the first one, my blood pressure when crazy....I kept almost passing out....it was horrible....it took all morning for them to get just 2 of them out....they didn't even bother with the other two. The third tooth had to be taken out my first year of teaching....guess this one will come out prior to my first year of teaching something new! I kindly asked the receptionist at the dentist office the fees for extractions in his office compared to what the fees are if I go to the hospital, get put to sleep, then extract it...WHOA.....$100 bucks compared to $2000+bucks. Ok, I think I know what I'll choose. I would rather have another c-section instead of having to go to the dentist. Seriously...that's how bad I dislike going to the dentist!

3 comments:

Tammie said...

yuuuuuckeee!

Jackie said...

I have all four of my wisdom teeth!!! Such a misnomer...I'm not a bit wiser. Now that I'm older, my teeth are shifting and there's no room for all of them. Result? My lower front tooth has been moved out of line with the others and now I have a protruding front tooth!!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! You crack me up!!