Thursday, July 3, 2008

R.I.P. Templeton

It bothers me to post something like this...because I like to think that we provide nothing but an exceptionally clean environment to raise our children........However, I have griped about this problem to many of my bloggers, so I thought I would just put it all out in the open for all to read about......

For quite sometime (2+months) I have noticed this STASH of junk each morning on our deck. I would sweep it off, and the next morning, the STASH would return. Notice in the STASH picture the broom. One night before we went to bed, the broom was standing upright, up one level of steps and in the corner of our deck. By morning, it had been moved about 2 or 3 yards down the steps to join the STASH. Here's a picture of the STASH I found this morning:


Getting really irritated about having to clean up after an ANIMAL was really starting to get to me. Picking up after three kids is a job...I don't need a part-time job picking up after ANIMALS. Finally one night before heading to bed, I tip-toed to the back door and quickly turned on the back porch light. Sure enough....there IT was.....TEMPLETON. So, hubby put out LOTS and LOTS of poison the next day. The poison disappeared rather quickly, but the STASH kept appearing. More poison....it disappeared.....STASH still appearing.

Our kind neighbors let us borrow their cage/trap. It has been set since this past Sunday night. We tried tempting TEMPLETON with peanut butter, bread, and bacon. Sunday night, I did the tip-toe routine again. When I turned on the light this time, there were TWO TEMPLETONS. Since Sunday, we have been unsuccessful at trapping these RIDICULOUS, GROSS, NASTY creatures. So, Jed Clampett (a.k.a. my dear hubby) decided to take matters into his own hands.


Last night, I was extra tired. I didn't perform any tip-toe routines at all! I fell asleep in my recliner about 9:15 watching Primetime. By 9:30 I had already moved to the bed! At 10:00 I awoke to the sound of a gunshot on our back porch!

I jumped out of bed, ignored the tip-toe action to the back door....there I saw Jed standing in his t-shirt, boxers, along with his 22. Then I saw one of our dogs proudly removing TEMPLETON from our deck.

This is one of THE stashers that had been living under our deck. This is not a stranger's picture that I found on the internet...this was taken with my camera this morning:

Notice the length of its tail....a normal mouse that you normally catch indoors could fit on this STASHER'S tail! I'm not exaggerating one bit.

Maybe Jed will get #2 tonight.

Gotta go....need to go and sweep the STASH from last night!



No comments: