Sunday, February 24, 2008

She finally said it!


I'm so excited. My 10 month old daughter finally said that word that all mom's just love to hear!!! I'm sure in any family, mom's and dad's hope that their child will say their name first!!
I lost this battle with our youngest child!! When she was about 6 months old, the only word she knew was DaDaDa. This has continued on for the past 4 months! Even though I'm the one gets up during all the night time cries, she still had to say DaDaDa first!!! I had the opportunity to go shopping with my sister on Saturday. I had not been shopping with her since at least November! We had so much fun catching up and solving the world's problems! After our delicious lunch at Olive Garden, we headed to the restroom to change "E's" diaper and take a potty break. Aunt Bri was holding "E" so that I could take a break too. During my 2 second potty break, I could hear "E" fussing.....not because she was being mistreated....but she's just at the stage where she's extremely clingy towards her MOMMA. As I opened the bathroom stall door, her fussiness immediately stopped, she opened her arms...making sure that I'd come and get her....and as soon as I got her in my arms, she finally said it..............."MOMMA"....plain as day, loud and clear.....no other words or sounds!!!! After carrying her inside me for 8 1/2 months....and tending to her for the past 10 months.....she finally knows who her MOMMA is!!!

3 comments:

Tammie said...

Who's your daddy??? I mean Momma!!!

Christy said...

Yay! I'm happy for you (and that picture is beyond adorable).

joyfuljourney said...

She's been calling me "Momma" since Christmas! Just kidding!!!

It's funny...she doesn't say "Momma" or "Dada" when she's here. She's a smart little cookie! I wonder what she will call me and how it will sound?

I'm very happy you finally heard that beautiful word. Too bad it was in a public bathroom!