Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Reflective Moment in the Cafeteria

Today at lunch, a student dropped the remainder of his brownie on the cafeteria floor as he was going to dump his tray. The aide that had lunch duty told him to pick it up and put it in the trash can b/c it was now dirty. The cute little child picked up his yummy brownie, raised it up above his head, and closed his eyes.

A few moments later, he opened his eyes, placed the brownie in his mouth and then finished his journey to the trash can to dump his tray. The aide questioned him about why he chose to eat it the brownie after it had been on the dirty floor. He replied, "God cleaned it for me."

The aide then said, "Well, how do you know?"

He replied (as he demonstrated what he'd already performed), "Because I raised it up in the air, closed my eyes, and asked God to clean it for me!"

It made me stop and think about how I communicate with God. Oh, how I wish that I could see God's answers to my prayers that quickly!! That child prayed that God would clean the brownie, and never doubted for a moment that God wouldn't! I know that God is always in control, but at times, I have doubts!

5 comments:

Christy said...

That is ADORABLE!! (as long as it wasn't my child)

Momofthree said...

Christy,
No, it wasn't your child!!

joyfuljourney said...

It wasn't my kid, was it??

I wish I were more reflective about life's little happenings. It seems that at WOF those ladies were able to find a great illustration in the little things. Hey, maybe you should tour with them!!! I could be your nanny!

By the way, welcome to bloggy world!

Jackie said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Tara!

That is a sweet post you wrote and certainly one that has a message in it for me! Oh, for the faith of young children!

btw...I found you through "lotta drama"...

Tammie said...

Yeah!!!! Tara's here!

If I'm ever sick in the 911-way get any and every kid to pray for me cuz they pray BIG and don't doubt that God is BIGGER! Gee, thanks for making my day.

And I'm just sure it was one my 'spiritual' kids and if so...I'm sooo very proud! (And God~thanks for white-blood-cells)